How to trigger a redeploy on ECS from web console
Sometimes, there is a neeed to trigger a redeploy on an ECS service without making any task changes (for example: rerun initialization scripts to pull secret updates). To trigger such a redeploy on an ECS service from the web console:
- Open the ECS service module on the AWS web console
- Click on the Cluster, then the Service you wish to trigger the redeploy on
- Press the Update button on the top-left
- Select the “Force new deployment” checkbox. Make no other changes. Press on the Next Step button.
- Click “Next Step” and “Confirm” on all subsequent screens without making any other changes.
You can observe that the process is a success by watching the Events tab for new tasks startin and old tasks stopping, and the Tasks tab to witness the new tasks go live.